Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Gritting My Teeth Over: Morning Traffic

We have a sign similar to this one over Highway 30/167 in North Little Rock.


Now, some well-meaning Christian person put up this sign and is saying, "Jesus is over the highway," or, "Look! There's Jesus."
You and I know what is really happening. Drivers look up and ask that retorical question that begins with,
"Jesus!"
"This traffic is horrendous! Am I ever going to make it to work?"
Well today, this yay-hoo (The writer lives in Arkansas, USA. We have plenty of "yay-hoos".); This yay-hoo in a fancy pickup truck (most likely a cowgirl, determined by the curly long hair under the cowboy hat); This yay-hoo in a brand spanking new fancy pickup truck decides to pass me at an intersection. She guns it and takes off just in time to run at a pedestrian who is crossing the street. While I am holding onto my head screaming,
"Oh, GOD, NO!"
the pedestrian outruns the pickup truck.
And when she pulled away, do you know what I saw? Shoot no, I missed the license plate number.
I saw the Christian emblem glued to her bumper.
"JESUS!"
'Nuff said.
"Jacob took an oath in the name of the Fear of his father Isaac" Genesis 31:53, NIV.
Sometimes fear is a great motivator of people.

No comments: